biopython v1.71.0 Bio.Graphics.BasicChromosome.Chromosome
Class for drawing a chromosome of an organism.
This organizes the drawing of a single organisms chromosome. This class can be instantiated directly, but the draw method makes the most sense to be called in the context of an organism.
Link to this section Summary
Initialize a Chromosome for drawing
Draw a label for the chromosome
Layout and draw sub-feature labels for the chromosome
Draw a chromosome on the specified template
Return the scaled size of all subcomponents of this component
Link to this section Functions
Initialize a Chromosome for drawing.
- chromosome_name - The label for the chromosome.
- start_x_position, end_x_position - The x positions on the page where the chromosome should be drawn. This allows multiple chromosomes to be drawn on a single page.
- start_y_position, end_y_position - The y positions on the page where the chromosome should be contained.
- title_size - The size of the chromosome title.
- scale_num - A number of scale the drawing by. This is useful if you want to draw multiple chromosomes of different sizes at the same scale. If this is not set, then the chromosome drawing will be scaled by the number of segements in the chromosome (so each chromosome will be the exact same final size).
Draw a label for the chromosome.
Layout and draw sub-feature labels for the chromosome.
Tries to place each label at the same vertical position as the feature it applies to, but will adjust the positions to avoid or at least reduce label overlap.
Draws the label text and a coloured line linking it to the location (i.e. feature) it applies to.
Draw a chromosome on the specified template.
Ideally, the xposition and y*_position attributes should be set prior to drawing — otherwise we’re going to have some problems.
Return the scaled size of all subcomponents of this component.